Oreo Cake Pan Recipe

Baking By -K8memphis Updated 2 Oct 2014 , 10:06pm by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 14

i have a silicone oreo cookie cake pan that i lost the recipe for the cake -- i've done some fruitless online searches and i know i could use any random chocolate cake recipe -- but i look at all those nooks and crannies in that pan and wish i had the original recipe thinking it will turn out better -- 

so does anyone have the recipe that came with that pan? or if you have a recipe that worked good in the silicone pan -- i got the black cocoa :-D to get it nice & dark...

thanks tons

13 replies
sparkels857 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparkels857 Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 14

Hey I found this hopefully this is what your looking for.

http://www.spachethespatula.com/giant-oreo-cake/

-K8memphis Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkels857 

Hey I found this hopefully this is what your looking for.

sparkels -- your first post was to answer my question! you are my favorite poster -- what a sweetie you are --

thank you -- yes that's exactly what i'm looking for

sparkels857 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparkels857 Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 11:50pm
post #4 of 14

You're so welcome, I am a frequent viewer on here and I see you always help others out. So I figured if I could find it would reply. Thank you I'm glad that is the recipe.

-K8memphis Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 14

you're the best -- so sweet of you! thanks again

-K8memphis Posted 1 Oct 2014 , 4:57pm
post #6 of 14

mb -- you're not the only one who takes pictures at midnight in alaska :-D and i can do it from 10 oh C --

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

just for the record -- that recipe rocks -- it seems like the most technical part of the process is getting the pan greased properly -- but i used my black cocoa plus the nearly half pound of bittersweet chocolate -- is a wonderful wonderful goodie --

all i had to do was level the tops off each layer so it fit down snug so it looked like a real oreo --in fact i had it all assembled and took it apart to trim one of them -- also i piped and baked a few extra dit dots to fill in on the top because real oreos have a lot of doo dahs on top -- no clear/flat spaces like on mine -- but they actually came out a bit different color so i just went with the program -- 

and next time i will bake it less time -- mine was over baked but i kept it overnight in a glass dome cake stand with a piece of bread and the bread stales and the cake re-moistens -- i mean it's a 'cookie' brownie type thing-- no harm no foul -- 

lot lot lot of fun!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 6:01pm
post #7 of 14

I would have thought that the Great State of Tennessee had more sunlight than Alaska, but I guess that night time photography just sucks everywhere.  {Here we both are, being Night-Owls, playing with our food}

Those oreo pans have always caught my eye.  It's cute. But you can't put any icing, or even a poured fondant on it without wiping out the little tiny details from the pan, so It must be eaten quickly before the bare cake dries out.  So a brownie type batter would stay rich and yummy longer than a regular cake batter, Yes?

Which reminds me that I'm also curious about the chocolate molds for covering oreo cookies with confectionary coating.  I can't seem to wrap my head around that one.  I guess the only way to find out is to dip an oreo in melted chocolate and give it a go.

MBalaska Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 6:06pm
post #8 of 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

"..... -- mine was over baked but i kept it overnight in a glass dome cake stand with a piece of bread and the bread stales and the cake re-moistens..........."

@-K8memphis this is a great ol' timer trick!  I used to do this with dry cookies.  In your airtight container, Set the piece of fresh bread on top of a piece of wax paper, foil, or plastic wrap so it doesn't touch the cookies and the next day you've got nice soft cookies.

-K8memphis Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 6:34pm
post #9 of 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

I would have thought that the Great State of Tennessee had more sunlight than Alaska, but I guess that night time photography just sucks everywhere.  {Here we both are, being Night-Owls, playing with our food}

we probably do overall -- however i think the ability inability of some tenneseans to take adequate photographs plays a part :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

Those oreo pans have always caught my eye.  It's cute. But you can't put any icing, or even a poured fondant on it without wiping out the little tiny details from the pan, so It must be eaten quickly before the bare cake dries out.  So a brownie type batter would stay rich and yummy longer than a regular cake batter, Yes?

yes exactly to all of the above --  so it has been great for a few days now unfortunately -- i wish it did go bad -- i'm actually trying to get rid of it because i have to go back in the food dungeon/lock down -- but that's fodder for another thread...

but it's a lot of fun -- and the recipe is perfect whether it's a little crunchy or soft -- and yes i'm with you i think a regular cake would tear off in those little crevices  -- idk but the black cocoa popped the whole effect -- don't leave home without it -- this would be wonderful to make for/with grandchildren -- just gotta convince my kids about that --

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

Which reminds me that I'm also curious about the chocolate molds for covering oreo cookies with confectionary coating.  I can't seem to wrap my head around that one.  I guess the only way to find out is to dip an oreo in melted chocolate and give it a go.

yes i agree -- i bought one once and i never used it -- i mean how can you improve an oreo? 

-K8memphis Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 6:38pm
post #10 of 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

"..... -- mine was over baked but i kept it overnight in a glass dome cake stand with a piece of bread and the bread stales and the cake re-moistens..........."

@-K8memphis this is a great ol' timer trick!  I used to do this with dry cookies.  In your airtight container, Set the piece of fresh bread on top of a piece of wax paper, foil, or plastic wrap so it doesn't touch the cookies and the next day you've got nice soft cookies.

yes! {high five} so then my husband said he liked it better crispy -- it was still real fudgy inside -- good either way

MBalaska Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 7:00pm
post #11 of 14

have you ever watched that tv show 'Cash Cab'?  It's fun and full of totally useless trivia, but good old fashioned pleasant TV time.

anyhow, I laugh at myself because in this West Coast U.S.A house we rarely get the East Coast questions  right.  Questions about persons, places and history of the  East are asked often as the show is in New York someplace.

But I almost always get the food questions right HA!!  Pretty proud of that :-P

-K8memphis Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 8:51pm
post #12 of 14

i've seen it a few times -- congrats! 

MBalaska Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 8:58pm
post #13 of 14

Your cake definitely looks better and all of the pan details are visible.  The cake in the link looks drier and the non-pariels on top cover up the pan details.

The recipe look yummy though.

-K8memphis Posted 2 Oct 2014 , 10:06pm
post #14 of 14

the recipe is perfectly ridiculous -- works very well in a detailed pan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%