Flip Liability Insurance

Business By NutmegTreats Updated 23 Sep 2014 , 2:28pm by NutmegTreats

NutmegTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NutmegTreats Posted 22 Sep 2014 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all!

I was curious where you purchase your insurance from. Has anyone used FLIP? I am in the very beginning stages of researching options, so maybe there is an obvious one I am missing. Since this seems to be quite affordable, I was curious if anyone has had any good / bad experiences with them.  I am located in Philadelphia, PA - if that has any bearing on my choices.

http://www.fliprogram.com/baked-goods-insurance

(a little background on where I'm at - I've been baking out of my home for several years, building a following, and have finally gotten the opportunity to work out of a commercial kitchen in a new bakery. I'll be the sole cake baker/decorator as they will do pastries. To work as an independent contractor through them, I believe I will need all elements to become my own business - insurance, LLC, licenses, etc. I am starting to research that now...)

Thanks for any of your thoughts!

3 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 22 Sep 2014 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 4

Insurance can be pricey. FLIP has the lowest rates I've seen and I recommend it to my students. I think member @leah_s uses this insurance.

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 23 Sep 2014 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 4

I use FLIP they are very reasonably priced for the amount of coverage you need.

NutmegTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NutmegTreats Posted 23 Sep 2014 , 2:28pm
post #4 of 4

@Rosie93095   @MimiFix  ......Thank you both for your input, much appreciated! Glad to hear it is recommended.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%