Cake Toppers In The Mail - How To Send?

Business By TashasBoutique Updated 22 Sep 2014 , 1:09am by TashasBoutique

TashasBoutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TashasBoutique Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 3:47am
post #1 of 5

Hi, I wondered how everyone posts their cake toppers? I have a lot of people wanting me to courier because they live so far away. I'm so afraid the delicate toppers will break and I will have to refund the $. Can you please post pictures of how you package and send? Thank you! :)

4 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 5

What exactly are you mailing? You have to pack different things differently, and some things are pretty much guaranteed to break in transit so it isn't worth trying.

TashasBoutique Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 5

Hi, thanks for your reply :) I will be selling all sorts of toppers. Some will be flat cupcake toppers, others will be tall figurines for cakes. For example one of my cakes below, I will be making a whole lot of various baby toppers with different outfits on. Do I wrap in tissue paper, bubble wrap? I have no clue. In your opinion, what do you think isn't worth sending? Thank you! :) x

Elegant baby shower cake  https://www.facebook.com/TashasCakeBoutique

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 5

If they're pretty solid you can just wrap them in bubble wrap and send them. Anything thin or fragile is riskier and you'll have to experiment. Send some things to a friend and see how they travel before you figure out what works and what doesn't.

TashasBoutique Posted 22 Sep 2014 , 1:09am
post #5 of 5

Yeah I did think about sending to a friend. Also buying from a competitor to see how theirs are packaged!

x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%