Jennifer Bratkos' Smb

Decorating By Debbie45628 Updated 22 Sep 2014 , 2:43am by Natka81

Debbie45628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie45628 Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 2:33am
post #1 of 4

Do any of you use her swiss meringue buttercream recipe and what have the results been?  Her recipe says to mix on lowest speed and I have been using the Woodland Bakerys' recipe and it is mixed on high, I am getting ready to try Jennifers tonight, so thought I'd see if anyone on here tonight uses this and what the pros and cons are...I think I will add the cream cheese at the end...TIA

3 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 3:10am
post #2 of 4

They both worked for me, but Jennifer Bratkos is where I found out that you could add up to 2 cups of sugar to the recipe, and she brought me into a whole new level of heaven.

vldutoit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vldutoit Posted 22 Sep 2014 , 1:09am
post #3 of 4

AWhile both are yummy, they are two different styles. I am no pastry chef but I think Gretchen Price says to whip it on high to incorporate the powdered sugar and shortening into the egg whites. They are at different temps and textures. While Jenn Bratkos recipe calls for incorporating whipped egg whites into a room temp butter.

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 22 Sep 2014 , 2:43am
post #4 of 4

Woodlands Bakery SMBC was the first one ever SMBC that I have tried.  Too complicated (for me). then used couple other recipes. Now I am using Jennifer Bratko`s SMB, when I am adding butter my mixer is on speed 2-3, when I am done adding butter I switch to speed 8. It takes 5-10 minutes to come together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%