Oh Fondant!!!

Decorating By Wonderlandbaked Updated 18 Sep 2014 , 7:53am by ruellesmith

Wonderlandbaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wonderlandbaked Posted 18 Sep 2014 , 3:23am
post #1 of 4

AThe demand for custom sculptured fondant iced cakes has been on the rise for my little bakery. I have always made my fondant from scratch using marshmellows. I love the flavor & texture. However, I am having to spend so much time on making fondant that I have grown to hate it! lol. *dont judge me*

Anyway, does a ready made (marshmellow) fondant exist? I hate to cut corners but if I can save time while still keeping true to my flavor standards, I can deal with that. I have heard a lot about Satinice fondant, but I have never tried it. Any suggestions?

3 replies
imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 18 Sep 2014 , 3:54am
post #2 of 4

There are people who mix it with commercial fondant. 50/50.

http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2013/06/how-to-make-homemade-fondant/

Here's a review of fondants. I hear everywhere that Fondarific is delicious. Still haven't tried it.

http://www.craftsy.com/article/fondant-brand-comparison

Naivohw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naivohw Posted 18 Sep 2014 , 4:12am
post #3 of 4

I was using Satin Ice fondant for my cakes (not a pro, just ones for family and friends) because our local independent cake store recommended it. I made a cake to enter in the fair and just got Wilton fondant because it was cheaper and just a dummy cake. Personally, I thought the Wilton and Satin Ice tasted exactly the same. But I don't actually like eating fondant, and always peel it off when I'm served fondant cake.

ruellesmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruellesmith Posted 18 Sep 2014 , 7:53am
post #4 of 4

Congrats on the rise of demands for your fondant cakes! I have used Satin Ice fondant too when a friend told me that this is great and makes fondant easier to make. I like the taste, not overly sweet compared to the others within the same price range.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%