Edible Elsa Dress Veil

Decorating By MamaWa Updated 21 Sep 2014 , 5:31am by julia1812

MamaWa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaWa Posted 17 Sep 2014 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 5

Hi cake pros!  I trying to do a Elsa Dress Cake, and I wanted to recreate her veil/cape out of edible materials.  Would anyone know how or have any ideas?

Thanks!

4 replies
ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 18 Sep 2014 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 5

Wafer Paper?

MamaWa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaWa Posted 18 Sep 2014 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 5

Ropalma, I was thinking that.  How would I get it to flow like fabric? And maybe too opaque?

CAREcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAREcakes Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 12:00am
post #4 of 5

What about Gelatin?

http://www.cakecentral.com/t/630413/how-to-make-gelatin-bows-flowers#post_6376733

I just read this post today and it think it would work great for Elsa's cape/veil. I myself am trying to figure out how to make an ice castle topper that won't melt/flop in the 90+ degree heat and 90% humidity of Ecuador...

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 5:31am
post #5 of 5

AMake your own lace: Mix 5 ml CMC powder with 50ml warm water. Cover the and leave overnight to dissolve. Mix in edible glitter or food color if you want. Spread onto a flat surface (f.e. tile or plastic), don't spread too thin though! Dry overnight or until dry. It'll shrink quite a bit and look brittle. Slide knife underneath to remove it and cut into desired shape with scissor. Attach with RI or EG.

If you don't have an CMC at hand, use this recipe: Soften 1 tbsp gelatin in 2.5 tbsp of water, wait 5 mins. Microwave for 20-30 secs (or disolve in double boiler). Spread on tile/, wax paper / plastic and let dry (depending on the climate that takes between 6 hrs to 2 days. Remove from sheet, cut into desired shape and attached to figurine.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%