Cleveland, Ohio - Please Help!

Decorating By Suzanne515 Updated 18 Sep 2014 , 11:50am by candyladies

Suzanne515 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzanne515 Posted 12 Sep 2014 , 3:55am
post #1 of 8

ACleveland area members, I need your help. I have always shopped at Mare's cake and candy for supplies. I am shocked to find they are no longer in business. Can you please recommend somewhere for supplies? As a beginner, I loved that I could take a picture to Mare's and they could tell me what I needed to buy or what colors I needed to mix to get the perfect shade I needed. Is there anywhere else in the area that provides that kind of help? Thank you!

7 replies
AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 12 Sep 2014 , 9:19am
post #2 of 8

OP... I sent you a PM with some information...

candyladies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladies Posted 12 Sep 2014 , 11:41am
post #3 of 8

AI miss them too and Mare was the best...now you can go a couple of blocks West on Lorain and on right side there is a shopping plaza just past Speedway. There is a store called Mardi Gras that will have everything you need.

Pat

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 16 Sep 2014 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 8

Brunswick has Penny's Sweet Supplies

Cinderina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cinderina Posted 16 Sep 2014 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 8

Sweet Surprises in Richmond Hts, couple doors down from All City Candy

megsense Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megsense Posted 17 Sep 2014 , 3:16pm
post #6 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakesbycathy 

Brunswick has Penny's Sweet Supplies

I'm going to 2nd this. I live in Lorain County so it's a little bit of a drive but I loved my trip there (only place I found my 24count cupcake boxes w/ holders). My absolute favorite shops are in Cincinnati and Columbus though.

I plan to give Mardi Gras a go this week sometime. ;]

Debbie45628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie45628 Posted 18 Sep 2014 , 2:24am
post #7 of 8

Megsense, Is the shop in Columbus that you are referring to CAKE CRAFT and which one is it in Cincinnati, maybe Sugar Craft.....I shop at Cake Craft and think they have a good selection and the owner is an amazing decorator.

candyladies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladies Posted 18 Sep 2014 , 11:50am
post #8 of 8

AAs I stated earlier, Mardi Gras has everything you need. The only thing I found with the clear cupcake boxes (12 size) is that they do not seem to be as deep as the ones that Mare's carried and if you swirl your frosting too high, you may crush it. I wish they had a better quality box. There was a store in Lakewood, as well, called Create-A-Cake but they also decided to stop carrying cake/candy supplies. All the good ones are gone sadly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%