I Need Help On How To Make A Shape Of A Cake

Decorating By wrosado Updated 17 Sep 2014 , 2:22am by wrosado

wrosado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrosado Posted 10 Sep 2014 , 1:44am
post #1 of 11

Hello,

I need help or ideas on how to make the cake on top of the carnival tent (the second layer) your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

10 replies
winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 10 Sep 2014 , 2:03am
post #2 of 11

AIf it's a 4" tall tier, I would taper two 2" inch cakes so that the lower cake narrows to its top, and the upper cake narrows to its base and then stack them. This would give a "corset" effect with the straight sides you see here.. I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but that's what I would do in the absence of any instructions from people with experience on this!

wrosado Posted 11 Sep 2014 , 12:43am
post #3 of 11

Hi winniemog

I want to thank you, thank you, thank you. I really had no idea on how to start this kind of shape. And it is so important to me because the cake I'm making is for my going to turn 3 years old granddaughter. I am actually making a tutu bottom and the top. Also a small top hat Theme is circus/carnival but the colors are going to be light colors perfect for a little girl. This si why I love Cake Central there are always answers from generous people like you.

Thank you again.

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 11 Sep 2014 , 1:49am
post #4 of 11

ANo worries I, I hope you post a picture of the finished cake. I'm sure your granddaughter will love it!

wrosado Posted 11 Sep 2014 , 2:35am
post #5 of 11

Again thank you and I sure will.

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 11 Sep 2014 , 4:19pm
post #6 of 11

AJust to add:

For carved cakes, use a dense cake, freeze, chill for a bit to have more stability when carving and elliminate crumbs :) good luck!

wrosado Posted 11 Sep 2014 , 11:00pm
post #7 of 11

Thank you, Mattyeatscakes. I will definately do it that way. I will be doing this cake mid October (fingers crossed that it will come out lovely)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Sep 2014 , 3:56am
post #8 of 11

Another way you could do it without having to carve any is to bake a 1" layer of rounds - say 6, 5, 4, 5, 6. 

kkmcmahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkmcmahan Posted 12 Sep 2014 , 11:01am
post #9 of 11

Winniemog's way is good.  You can carve both sides exactly the same.  I would put a smaller cardboard round on top of the layer and carve from the top board to the bottom, should give you a nice even dimension.  Do the same with the second layer, add the filling and then flip the first cake over and put on top.  The two should meet at the same point.  And as mattyeatscake said, it's easier to do this if the cakes are cold.  Can't wait to see the cake!

wrosado Posted 17 Sep 2014 , 2:10am
post #10 of 11

Thank you. What I am going to be doing is a replica of my granddaughters out fit. The bottom layer will be round with ruffles to imitate a tutu, middle layer is  the top so I should just carve a little just to give a small shape  being that she is only going to be 3 and the top layer will be her top hat.  I have gotten great ideas and I thank you all!! I am confident I will pull this off. Again thank you!

wrosado Posted 17 Sep 2014 , 2:22am
post #11 of 11

Hi, this sounds very intresting. Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%