Pricing

Business By chris2110 Updated 11 Dec 2014 , 5:16am by Norasmom

chris2110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chris2110 Posted 4 Sep 2014 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 9

Hi Everyone,

I hope you could help me out on this.  I am currently making princess cupcake dresses and I am wondering if I am pricing them to high.  Without telling you how much I am charging I thought someone could give me some advice as to how much to charge.  I use a boxed mix that I doctor up.  The bling which includes the wand, tiara, belt, broach and neckless cost me around $15.00.  I use a buttercream frosting and, of course, the box and board.  It takes me about 4 hours from start to finish.  Also, if you could give me some ideas as to how to cover the board I would appreciate it!

Thx!

8 replies
melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 5 Sep 2014 , 12:57am
post #2 of 9

AI charge $2.00 each for cupcakes with a swirl, and the have to be ordered in quantities of one dozen (because that's what my recipie reduces down to) with a $50.00 minimum. It looks like there are 31 cupcakes in the picture. I would try to work in the other 5 cupcakes into the design to stay consistent with my pricing ... 36x$2 is $72 plus the $15 for the princess gear so $87 total. I would just cover the board in silver cake board foil since the decorations are silver. The pink ribbon at the top and bottom of the board in your picture are nice though.

chris2110 Posted 5 Sep 2014 , 3:07am
post #3 of 9

Thank you for your reply.  That wasn't too far from what I charge so now I feel better :)

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 5 Sep 2014 , 7:00am
post #4 of 9

I would check out the dollar store to bring down the price of the "bling". I don't see 4 hours work there. Mix, load oven, bake, prepare icing= 30 mins. Cool, clean up, prepare board= 30 mins.  Icing swirls, add bling, final clean up= 30 mins. 2 hours tops. 

Very cute idea!

chris2110 Posted 5 Sep 2014 , 12:02pm
post #5 of 9

Believe me...I did check out the dollar store....nada.....nothing.  Yeah....I think I'm a slowpoke unfortunately.  

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 5 Sep 2014 , 4:28pm
post #6 of 9

AI would cover the board with contact paper that comes in different designs :) silver, pink with flowers or anything girly or princess-ish.. Even wrapping paper would work. As the cupcakes themselves are not decorated, having a decorated board will not overwhelm the entire design :) here's a minnie mouse cake i made, the board is covered with regular gift wrapping paper. No, the actual cake is on its own cake board, so it doesn't touch the wrapping paper.

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3282627/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 17 Sep 2014 , 3:48pm
post #7 of 9

I give deals for cupcakes cakes. I usually do any cupcake cake, which includes 24 cupcakes, for $50 and up...depending on the design. If the customer needs more cupcakes I add on a extra $15 per dozen

So for something similar to what you made I would have charged about $75, which includes the price of the decorations

tmd71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmd71 Posted 10 Dec 2014 , 4:29pm
post #8 of 9

I do this same cake and I charge $45.  I get the crown, wand & necklace from Dollar Store and sash/broach from Michaels w/ a coupon, so it costs around $9-$10 for the bling

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 11 Dec 2014 , 5:15am
post #9 of 9

That's adorable! I would say $2.75 per cupcake, total. I charge by the cupcake as opposed to the extra stuff.   It's best to buy box in bulk and bling at dollar store, but I see where you could not find them when you needed them most!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%