What Size Cake Box?

Decorating By joyfullnoize Updated 7 Sep 2014 , 1:19am by joyfullnoize

joyfullnoize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullnoize Posted 31 Aug 2014 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 5

Could someone please help.  

I have a client that wants two 11 x 15 sheet cakes side by side to make one cake.   Could someone please tell me, what size cake box that would fit into, if each cake is on a 17 x 13" cake board, stuck together.   Does that big a box exist?  If not, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to package that up?

thank you in advance.

4 replies
georgiacakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
georgiacakelady Posted 31 Aug 2014 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 5

AI use two 11x15 cakes as my full sheets and buy what's called a full sheet box and board from my local party supply store. Not sure of the dimensions but i want to say its a 14x19,its the same size full sheet box and board that the wal mart bakery uses. I want to say that the

MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 4 Sep 2014 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 5

Not sure if that size exists. You should search around online and see or u might have to make a box yourself. I've done that before, not for a cake that size but there were times where I had to make due with what I had.

Another option would be to make the two cakes separate, and decorate them so that when they are pushed together at the location, they look like one big cake. That way you can box them up separately and it would be easier

rjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjcakes Posted 4 Sep 2014 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 5

Check out your nearest Staples or staples.com. They have boxes that are 36x24x6 inches - and all kinds of sizes that might fit your needs.

Good luck!

RJ

joyfullnoize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullnoize Posted 7 Sep 2014 , 1:19am
post #5 of 5

thank you...never thought of that...great idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%