Pressed For Time

Decorating By radtech Updated 27 Aug 2014 , 4:05pm by -K8memphis

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 26 Aug 2014 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 5

I have agreed to make a  wedding cake for this upcoming Saturday (Holiday weekend) and told the Bride I would make it if it could be delivered the day before the wedding which she did agreed to.  It is a  buttercream cake that will be able to be stored safely in one of the venues coolers until the reception.  I am wondering if it would ok if I began filling and crumbcoating my cakes Wednesday evening- frosting and stacking on Thursday with the delivery Friday morning?  I'm thinking it won't be an issue, in fact I personally like cakes that are made several days before serving.

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Aug 2014 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 5

sure you can start that now if you've tested your recipes and you know they will be ok for that long --

about storing at the venue-- i would protect the cake from other odors in the fridge and from getting bumped/moved/eaten/stolen -- i'd put it in a sealed box

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Aug 2014 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 5

I'm agree w/k8.  Definitely protect that cake.  I have heard so many horror stories.  You know, things happen :( 

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 27 Aug 2014 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks Ladies!   I am waiting to fill and stack until Thursday evening and will probably pull an all nighter!  That's the nature of the game isn't it  :)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Aug 2014 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by radtech 

Thanks Ladies!   I am waiting to fill and stack until Thursday evening and will probably pull an all nighter!  That's the nature of the game isn't it  :)

idk -- for some but no not for me -- not if you want to safeguard your health -- if a loved one is in surgery or sick yes that's an all nighter -- for a cake -- no way -- all nighters are like shovelsful coming out of your future sinkhole--you never know when it's gonna go --

nobody will take care of you if you don't --

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%