Profits And Inventory

Business By koneal84 Updated 22 Aug 2014 , 1:45am by ruellesmith

koneal84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koneal84 Posted 20 Aug 2014 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 7

I have been baking cakes from my home now for a little over a year. I am wanting to find a good resource to know what my expenses are and what my profits are. I also want something that keeps up with my inventory. I have been looking for a matrix and have found one but it is so complicated that I don't have the time to figure it out with a full time job, 2 kids, a husband, and a part time cake business. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If whatever the suggestions are would calculate how much to charge for each cake that would be be great also (I know that I will have to change for my area).

Thank you in advance

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Aug 2014 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 7

Acake boss software

chefjenbarney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjenbarney Posted 20 Aug 2014 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 7

Cake Boss.  I just purchased mine last week.  I don't know why I waited so long.  The price is VERY reasonable for what it offers.  

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 20 Aug 2014 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 7

AI too use cake boss software for my home based bakery. I love it. But, it does not keep track of inventory. That is still up to me.

koneal84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koneal84 Posted 21 Aug 2014 , 5:34am
post #5 of 7

AI have really thought long and hard about purchasing that software.

Since cakeboss doesn't keep up with your inventory what do you use to do that for you?

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 21 Aug 2014 , 12:53pm
post #6 of 7

AWhat inventory do you need to keep track of? Cake boards, ingredients, fondant...?

I find being very organized helps. Every Sunday I make a list of all the supplies I need that week for orders. Then I pull all the items from stock and if something is getting low I make a point of buying it the next time I at the supply store.

ruellesmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruellesmith Posted 22 Aug 2014 , 1:45am
post #7 of 7

I use Cake Boss too. It solves most of my problems except keeping track of the inventory. I simply monitor my inventory manually once a week and it's been working great so far.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%