Price My Pregnant Lady Cake, Please

Business By stephandcorey Updated 26 Sep 2014 , 12:43pm by Chloezee

stephandcorey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephandcorey Posted 11 Aug 2014 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 14

I have no idea how to make this or how much to charge for this!

13 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 12:05am
post #2 of 14

Welcome to CakeCentral!  Since you have only posted 4 times on CakeCentral, I do not know if you have read any of the threads offered on this site on the subject of "Pricing".

Basically, 110% of the answers you wish are available via a keyword search on the CakeCentral search function.

The simple answer is that if you are unaware how to make this cake, then there may be a possibility that a finished, first-time-with-this-design cake made by you, may fall well short of the professional cake in the photo.  Unless a new cake decorator is able to produce a cake that looks and tastes as good as OR better than a professionally created cake made by a bakery or by someone with many years of experience, it may not be suitable for sale at any price.

Please do a search for "pricing cakes" and "pregnant belly cakes" and you will have thousands of suggestions.

Good luck.

stephandcorey Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 12:34am
post #3 of 14

I know how to decorate, I have just had more things to do then Cake Central! So take your rude answer and shove it into one of your ugly cakes! I have never made the rounded belly or breast but I will make sure to ignore ALL your comments!

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 12:41am
post #4 of 14

I actually think Apti's comments were spot on. At the risk of also drawing your ire, I would like to commend Apti for such a balanced and helpful reply.

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 12:46am
post #5 of 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephandcorey 

I know how to decorate, I have just had more things to do then Cake Central! So take your rude answer and shove it into one of your ugly cakes! I have never made the rounded belly or breast but I will make sure to ignore ALL your comments!

Wow - the comments that were made to you were fair and reasonable, your response to it was not.

Do a little research of your own on the cake and no doubt you will find plenty of tutorials that will help you out. I am far from being a regular or experienced cake decorator yet even I am able to look at the cake and break down how I would attempt to do the cake. I would also be having a practice run if I had any doubts that the method I had decided on would not give me the result I wanted.

All the best. 

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 1:13am
post #6 of 14

Quote:

I have no idea how to make this or how much to charge for this!

Well since pregnant belly cakes are so over (were they ever 'in'??)  and way past trashy, I would not charge too much for it. Probably not even what you paid for in ingredients. It's just not worth it. You should probably just not even bother selling something like this...I'd give it away. 

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 1:17am
post #7 of 14

@stephandcorey

Apti's post answering yours was perfect. That's what I would have said, except I probably wouldn't have said it so well. I would not make that cake because I don't like them but, like bubs1stbirthday, I can tell how to make it just by looking at it.

Please take your arrogant sense of entitlement and go learn some manners.

stephandcorey Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 1:23am
post #8 of 14

I am sorry Apti and every one else. I have had a horrible week and I just took that response negatively. I am more mature than that and shouldn't have been so dang rude! I hope you can forgive me?

hmcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmcakery Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 1:47am
post #9 of 14

A

Original message sent by stephandcorey

Wow! This is uncalled for. Having a bad day is no excuse for insulting someone. Did you even take a look at Apti's work before you decided to insult her like this? I'm new too, but I'll tell you one thing, the advice you'll get on this site from people who have been in the business for a while and have tons of experience is absolutely invaluable. Think before you type your response next time and don't ask for advice if you don't want an honest answer.

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 2:29am
post #10 of 14

Quote:

I am sorry Apti and every one else. I have had a horrible week and I just took that response negatively. I am more mature than that and shouldn't have been so dang rude! I hope you can forgive me?

Well done for responding to all these messages. You have shown your maturity by accepting your mistake, apologising and posting this response. I think a lesser person would have never come back. 

I'm sorry you had a bad week, we all have them. 

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 3:53am
post #11 of 14

ABecause the preggy cake is on top of a sheet cake, i would assume that the preggy cake is not too big. Use a wilton sports ball pan (half) or a small pyrex bowl for the tummy, and the wilton small wonder mold for the boobs. If covered in fondant it might be too heavy for the sheet cake to support and sink, i would make sure that the preggy cake is on its own cake board (cut to size) and properly supported by a few dowels. HTH :)

Pricing wise, i agree. Type "how to price a cake" or "cake pricing" or simply "pricing" in the search bar. You'll get tons of great advices!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 6:03am
post #12 of 14

Apology accepted.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 12 Aug 2014 , 5:22pm
post #13 of 14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apti 

Welcome to CakeCentral!  Since you have only posted 4 times on CakeCentral, I do not know if you have read any of the threads offered on this site on the subject of "Pricing".

Basically, 110% of the answers you wish are available via a keyword search on the CakeCentral search function.

The simple answer is that if you are unaware how to make this cake, then there may be a possibility that a finished, first-time-with-this-design cake made by you, may fall well short of the professional cake in the photo.  Unless a new cake decorator is able to produce a cake that looks and tastes as good as OR better than a professionally created cake made by a bakery or by someone with many years of experience, it may not be suitable for sale at any price.

Please do a search for "pricing cakes" and "pregnant belly cakes" and you will have thousands of suggestions.

Good luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apti 

Apology accepted.

Class always shows, and Apti has class in spades.

Chloezee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chloezee Posted 26 Sep 2014 , 12:43pm
post #14 of 14

Apti gave a well constructed, practical answer to s straightforward question - why are people so easily offended? I don't get it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%