Pricing Fondant Figures

Decorating By cake style Updated 22 Aug 2014 , 1:06pm by cake style

cake style Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake style Posted 6 Aug 2014 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 4

AI'm really in trouble in pricing my fondant figures. I decided to charge them seperately from the cake. As I searched the topic I found out there are different methods. Some price them depending on the time they work but it differs. So can you help me to charge them depending on the figure. For example the price of a standing women or a complicated animal, a simpler animal and a flower.

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2014 , 1:10pm
post #2 of 4

i do not know that-- but i sent in my vintage ka to the ka store in greenville oh -- it's 'green' something ohio -- their webpage must be being updated right now can't get on and confirm) 

but anyway i sent in my 40+ year old ka and i gotta refurbished one -- so all that to say try that route and see where it gets you -- they told me that ka's life expectancy was something like 20 years -- who knew? i thought they could just refurbish my old one but it was better to trade it in --

so that might be an option for you and they could tell you about the bowl too

pucina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pucina Posted 22 Aug 2014 , 12:40pm
post #3 of 4

AI have the same problem. I tend to underprice all my toppers. Sometimes i spend hours making them and beat myself up later for charging so little. I generally charge 10$ per topper if its an animal or a flower but i know im undercharging. You can always look at etsy.com and see what the toppers are being sold there for. Your time is valuable so charge accordingly. ( i should take my own advice lol)

cake style Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake style Posted 22 Aug 2014 , 1:06pm
post #4 of 4

AThanks for your advice. I've never thought of looking at etsy. It seems hard to base the price considering time. As you say I sometomes spend hours for only one topper. May be it's more logical depending on the difficulty. I'll look at etsy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%