Has Anyone Used Watkins Clear Vanilla?

Baking By sweettreat101 Updated 11 Aug 2014 , 2:05am by vldutoit

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 6 Aug 2014 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 6

. The bottle says double strength clear vanilla do you measure out the same as you would with a different brand or do you need to use less? Thank you

5 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 6 Aug 2014 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 6

I bought some the other day, I'm not impressed by it at all. I felt like I had to use more than I normally would to get that vanilla flavor. I also bought their Almond the same day, it smells great, but using the same amount as McCormick, the flavor in my cupcakes was so faint.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 6 Aug 2014 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you for your response. I like Mc Cormicks vanilla too but it only comes in 2 ounce bottles where I live. I purchase an 8 ounce bottle of clear vanilla distributed by Dawn Foods. Several had mentioned that they liked the vanilla and my local cake store had it for 4.99. It smells good keeping my fingers crossed.

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 7 Aug 2014 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 6

You're welcome. McCormick only comes in 2oz bottles, here too, which sucks! I've never heard of the other one. I was thinking about just making my own vanilla extract. That's something to think about, too. :)

flamingolady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingolady Posted 10 Aug 2014 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 6

AHi. I love Watkins extracts. They have more oil than other brands so the extract does not cook off as much. I like the clear for icing and its cheaper to buy it by the gallon. Truthfully thw dark vanilla is better.. All clear vanillas are synthetic of course (i used to sell Watkins to get the employee discount on extracts). The dark is real extract with more oil, because if the oil to alcohol content they are not allowed by law to call it real, strage laws. Lol.

vldutoit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vldutoit Posted 11 Aug 2014 , 2:05am
post #6 of 6

AI too love Watkins products. They have been around forever. My grandma used them and she was the best cook/baker in this world, so I figure if she made amazing things with Watkins I will too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%