Duncan Hines In Bulk...coming Soon!

Decorating By cambo Updated 1 Sep 2014 , 9:45pm by Millmika

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 11

Having seen a recent post regarding Pillsbury mix being available in bulk, I contacted Duncan Hines to inquire about the same. I was told that 50 lb bags of Duncan Hines will become available the 3rd week of August, in Classic Yellow, Classic White and Chocolate (Devils Food I believe).

As this is a new roll-out, a seperate help desk/customer service department for bulk sales will be handling inquiries in the future. However, they would love any interested bakers to contact them at 1-800-362-9834 (Option #2, then #4) and provide your contact info/email, so they can contact you in the near future regarding how/where to purchase their bulk products. They also asked what other flavors I would like to purchase in bulk, so they can track it for future offerings.

I must say, they were the most pleasant customer service department I've spoken to in a while! So friendly and accommodating!

10 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 6:05am
post #2 of 11

Would be better if they also included Fr. Van and their Dk. Choc Fudge cakes. I don't use Devil's food or classic white, but I do use the yellow cake.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 6:35am
post #3 of 11

Totally agree! The Dark Chocolate Fudge (enhanced) is my #2 seller! I don't like the Fr. Vanilla, but use Classic White as a base for a lot of cakes, as well as Yellow! Hope they expand their offering in the future!

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks for this info! I will have to look into this!

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 11

That would be awesome. French vanilla is my favorite to use. Almost everyone likes this over plain white.

tw33tybyrd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tw33tybyrd Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 6:57pm
post #6 of 11

by bulk do you mean by the case of 12 or just in a bigger bag because ive found a website that sells them in a case of 12.. and they have most all the flavors..

http://www.foodservicedirect.com/index.cfm/S/252/CLID/9/N/82448/Duncan-Hines-Cake-Mix.htm

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 7:08pm
post #7 of 11

Ouch... to buy them by the case that way would certainly not be a savings for me. I can get each mix at WalMart for $1.24...and local grocery chain for $1.69. The cost for the case is over $3 a piece not including shipping..

jones5cm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jones5cm Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 7:19pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylibra

Ouch... to buy them by the case that way would certainly not be a savings for me. I can get each mix at WalMart for $1.24...and local grocery chain for $1.69. The cost for the case is over $3 a piece not including shipping..

Same here...I did the math from the bulk pricing on the attached link and my mouth dropped open!! No savings for me!!

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 7:21pm
post #9 of 11

For kicks I did the math including the shipping... $4 a piece.. but I would love it if they came up with 50 lb bags that were a savings! icon_smile.gif

tw33tybyrd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tw33tybyrd Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 7:25pm
post #10 of 11

i agree that website is expensive and i is cheaper to buy them one at a time from walmart.

50lb bags would b great.. even 25lb bags.. but they have to sale redvelvet in bulk because thats my best seller.

Millmika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Millmika Posted 1 Sep 2014 , 9:45pm
post #11 of 11

AI make a ton of Red Velvet...that would help me immensely!:)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%