Adding Pudding To Box Cake Mix

Baking By Roscella Updated 26 Jun 2017 , 6:55pm by Exit282Sweets

medal45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
medal45 Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 11:51pm
post #61 of 74

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by medal45 

I use cake box but I use milk intend of water and butter intend of oil and add half of box of budding , it work great for my cakes

[B]can

Does anyone have a good recepie por vanilla cup cakes from sctrach , i have used many but i didnt like the results .

[/B]

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 11:56pm
post #62 of 74

AGo to www.cupcakeproject.com. then look for their ultimate vanilla cupcake recipe..

CookinKaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookinKaren Posted 16 Mar 2014 , 6:31pm
post #63 of 74

Thank you, am going to try it right now.

CookinKaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookinKaren Posted 16 Mar 2014 , 6:33pm
post #64 of 74

Just had to comment on how cute your dog was.  Sorry no cake info.

lynners2569 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynners2569 Posted 21 Apr 2014 , 1:50am
post #65 of 74

Thanks to all for all the great ideas..One idea that I have ALWAYS used in my box cake mixes is to add strong coffee in place of the water.. it gives chocolate cake kinda like a mocha taste to it! Yum!

seamusis20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seamusis20 Posted 22 Apr 2014 , 1:23pm
post #66 of 74

AI have used a double espresso in my chocolate cakes for years. It really enriches the chocolate flavour. I have people who don't like coffee but love my chocolate cake . It really brings the chocolate flavour out .:-)

Bucster99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bucster99 Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 4:33pm
post #67 of 74

ev1 says pudding but what kind vanila,lemon,banana?TY. I fig vanila but not sure

seamusis20 Posted 18 Dec 2014 , 3:00pm
post #68 of 74

ADepending on the flavour cake you are making. I've used a 'raspberry pudding and soda ' in a red velvet type cake. I always use chocolate pudding in chocolate cake. Liquids could be coca-cola or coffee. I find that it makes no difference whether the liquid is carbonated or not. For a white mud or other white or yellow cakes I use vanilla pudding with 7up or milk or buttermilk depending on the type of cake you are making. :)

tootiefruity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootiefruity Posted 23 Nov 2016 , 1:01pm
post #69 of 74

newbaker55...I see your comment from 2012. I assume you are referring to the 16.5 oz cake mixes which were changed just as I started baking in 2012. However, at that point in time, I was having no problems. Since then, and somewhere around the 1st of this year, and probably before, I started having problems with added gas bubbles in my cakes causing blowouts in my fondant about an hour after application. Somewhere around May, my oven started overheating, which exaggerated the problem exponentially during the baking. Let me just say, 2 days of baking and throwing out ingredients, travelling 30 mins or so to my daughters to bake for a wedding cake, resulted in discovering the oven overheating, and realizing that the added gas bubble problem ultimately had to be coming from the change in the mix. With the added, not good for you, ingredients they put in the mix, adding extra mix to bring the volume back up, is just increasing that issue and not helping solve a problem. I have a new convection oven, and before discovering that I had not looked at the book to see the numbering of the racks started at the bottom and positioning them right, I have baked a cake at 325 and had the bubbling of the pan issue. Looking for a way to replace the box mixes in the WASC recipe that gives me the same result as the moist cake I'm use to preparing for my customers.

What oven are you using and have you found anything that works since 2012? Thanks for listening. Looking forward to your reply...Fran

MPH32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MPH32 Posted 17 Jan 2017 , 3:10pm
post #70 of 74

I use Duncan Hines box mix, instant pudding (small box), 4 eggs, 1 cup water & 1/3 cup vegetable oil.  Works great.

teesta514 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teesta514 Posted 18 Jan 2017 , 2:27am
post #71 of 74

Do any of you live where the altitude is 5280 or above?  I learned here in Colorado Duncan hines are the only cakes that rise for me. I'd like to add pudding and an egg but don't want it to cause issues.

seamusis20 Posted 7 Apr 2017 , 2:16am
post #72 of 74

I have a very unreliable Westinghouse oven that I can't rely upon.

CannonsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CannonsCakes Posted 7 Apr 2017 , 3:16am
post #73 of 74

We use 1 extra egg per 1/2 cup of instant pudding.  Any pudding will work but we have found that clabber girl is a great pudding to add to a Duncan hines mix.  We also use Large eggs

Exit282Sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Exit282Sweets Posted 26 Jun 2017 , 6:55pm
post #74 of 74

I use this exact recipe with box mix and I get a lot of compliments also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%