Looking For Recipe From Pillsbury Family Cookbook?

Baking By cloetzu Updated 26 Oct 2014 , 6:26am by lorijl

cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 10

Hello,

I'm hoping someone has the "Pillsbury Kitchen's Family Cookbook"? and if so can PM the recipe for the lemon pound cake?

I can't remember the page number but it was the on the left facing page...

Had it and now can't find it ;(

9 replies
cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GatuPR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GatuPR Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 10

I have it and I will pm you the recipe for the Lemon Delight Pound Cake pg. 127. HTH

cloetzu Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 12:29am
post #4 of 10

Thank you very much GatuPR but that is not the one I use icon_sad.gif .... starting to cry now... it was great! and now I can't remember if it was called 'lemon pound cake' or just 'pound cake' that I added some lemon zest to....

cloetzu Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 12:31am
post #5 of 10

cs_confections - the second link has the right ingredients but I don't recall anything about a glaze .... but I do know that it was all from scratch (no cake mixes) and used butter not oil...

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 1:18am
post #6 of 10

I'm sorry you're not having any luck so far icon_sad.gif

Here is a plain pound cake on their site:
http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/pound-cake/d3ba2467-32e6-4b39-9425-cae43e02b8bf/

*crossing my fingers*

cloetzu Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 1:30am
post #7 of 10

closer! but I'm pretty sure it only had 3 or 4 eggs max.... I have to find my book ;(

GatuPR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GatuPR Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 1:57am
post #8 of 10

The other recipes they have is for One-Step Pound Cake with grated lemon or orange peel, sour cream, margarine or butter and 3 eggs. They also have Kentucky Butter Cake with buttermilk, margarine or butter and 4 eggs. Those are the only ones I can see are pound cakes. Let me know if you want the recipes.

cloetzu Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 1:14pm
post #9 of 10

THANKS GatuPR! - that One Step Pound Cake is it!!!!

lorijl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijl Posted 26 Oct 2014 , 6:26am
post #10 of 10

Hi there. I was searching the Web for an old favorite family recipe that came from the Pillsbury Kitchen's Family Cookbook and came across this old request from that cookbook.

Sadly, I owned this cookbook since the 80s but sold it at a yard sale a few years ago due to downsizing. There is one recipe that I really miss. It's called something like Applesauce Snack Cake. It might have had "After School" in the title. I can't find it on their website. I am so sad about having let this cookbook go and would love to have that recipe to make for my grown kids and grandkids. It sure would bring back some memories! Any chance you can help? 

Thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%