Flo Braker Recipes

Decorating By Mike1394 Updated 30 Oct 2014 , 2:37pm by DEMODIVA

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 9

Has anyone tried any of her recipes? I just realized someone gave me one of her books. I scanned some of the recipes, they looked good. Was wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge of them.

Thanks,

Mike

8 replies
RuthWells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RuthWells Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Has anyone tried any of her recipes? I just realized someone gave me one of her books. I scanned some of the recipes, they looked good. Was wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge of them.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I have her book Sweet Miniatures and of the recipes I've tried, I'd say about 25% were not to my liking, but the rest have been fine. Have fun!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 10:56am
post #3 of 9

Thanks Ruth. I tried the classic butter cake recipe. It is some yummy stuff. I'm very pleased with it.

Mike

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 5:53am
post #4 of 9

On the CI board there's someone baking her way through Sweet Miniatures and posting about it. An interesting read!

RuthWells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RuthWells Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 10:32pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

On the CI board there's someone baking her way through Sweet Miniatures and posting about it. An interesting read!

Thanks for that, Chutzpah -- I'd like to check that out.

KitchenWytch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenWytch Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 10:53pm
post #6 of 9

Just got the book at the local library the 2000 Ed.last week. Im pleased
so far. Been using the recipes for tea parties. So far
Iv received no problems.icon_smile.gif

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 2:02am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

What is the CI board???

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEMODIVA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEMODIVA Posted 30 Oct 2014 , 2:37pm
post #9 of 9

Had her book years ago and it was great. Clear accurate recipes and always delicious without being OCD. My Favorite cake from Flo is her chocolate pecan with chocolate glaze and fresh raspberries. Maybe called raspberry jewel box. So stunning and delicious. Have made it small  and also huge  for wedding cakes. My Granddaughter is a fresh raspberry fan and demands this cake for her Third birthday party on Saturday. Will make it for 40 servings. Am in process of searching for the recipe this morning! Enjoy your book it will be useful and yummy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%