The good news isâ¦ the virus/malware DID NOT originate from cakecentral.com
To get rid of it, you will need a virus scanner that has the ability to detect it, and possible a spyware/malware remover. You will also need to complete remove all of your internet explorerâs temorary files, cache and cookies.
It is also a VERY GOOD thing if you are on Windows, to install Microsoft Security Essentials.
Keep this program up to date, will block this kind of virus in the future for you.
To remove your temporary files after you have used your malware/virus scanners:
To delete the files in the Temporary Internet Files, and cache folder yourself, follow these steps:
To delete your internet explorer cookies:
* Earlier versions of Windows
1. Quit Internet Explorer and quit any instances of Windows Explorer.
2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
3. On the General tab, click Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files.
4. In the Delete Files dialog box, click to select the Delete all offline content check box , and then click OK.
5. Click OK.
To delete your internet explorer cookiesâ:Â Â 1. Open Internet Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Internet Options.
2.Â Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click Delete.
3. Under Cookies, click Delete cookies, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to delete them.
4.Â Click Close, and then click OK.
* Windows 7 and Windows Vista
1. Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Network and Internet, and then click Internet Options.
2. Click the General tab, and then click Delete under Browsing history.
3. Click Delete all, click Yes to confirm that you want to delete this information, and then click OK.
here are some steps for clearing your cache/temporary files in firefox:
1. In Firefox, you first need to select Clear Private Data from the Tools menu.
2 Apply check marks to choose Cookies and Cache.
Note: You will see some items are highlighted in gray. This means that currently the selection contain no data, and are therefore not applicable to be cleared.
3 To complete the temporary files cleaning process, click Clear Private Data Now. You must close all Firefox windows to have changes take effect.
4 For your information: in case that you want to set the cache space manually for storing future Firefox temporary files, do this â -
Click to open the Edit selection on the top of Firefox browser window. In the drop-down menu, select Preferences. Click on the Advanced sub-categories > Cache > Enter (choose how many MB of hard disk space you want to use for storing Firefox temporary internet files).
If you are still getting those warnings about malware being blocked on cakecentral.com after following all of the above steps, could you please fill out the following form:
And include the exact error message/details from the warning your received.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment