Posted by JanHNot only for cake filling. Spread on muffins or rolls, or serve over waffles or ice cream.
Zesty Lemon Curd
- 3 eggs, beaten 2 cups granulated sugar 1 cup butter (no substitutes) cut into Tbsp. size pieces 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice grated peel of one lemon
- In the top of a double boiler, combine all ingredients.
- Cook and stir over boiling water until thickened like pudding.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.