Posted by kakes_by_kimThis is a great sponge cake!
Yellow Sponge Cake
- 7 eggs Pinch of salt 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar 3/4 cup sifted granulated sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 cup sifted cake flour
- Spray pan with Bake Easy.
- Line with parchment paper.
- Set oven at 400°F.
- Separate eggs; beat egg yolks 1 minute. Add pinch of salt to egg whites; beat until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and continue beating whites until they cling to bottom and sides of bowl, then beat 1 minute longer. Fold beaten egg yolks into egg whites gently but quickly.
- Fold in sifted sugar, flour and vanilla. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into pan, spreading evenly from center out with a spoon. Strike pan several times on table to break any air bubbles. Bake in center of oven 18 to 20 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly.
- Remove from oven, loosen sides and part of bottom quickly with a table knife and lift out of pan by ends of parchment
- paper. Let cool 10 minutes.