Posted by JackieThis yellow cake is perfect for any single layer sheet cake or wonderful cupcakes
- 2 3/4 cup Flour 2 1/2 tsp Baking powder 1/2 cup Butter 1 3/4 cup Sugar 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla 2 Eggs 1 1/4 cup Milk
- 1. Pre-Heat oven to 375F
- Grease and lightly flour muffin tins or fill with paper baking cups.
- 2. Mix together the flour, baking powder and one teaspoon of salt.
- 3. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together until light.
- 4. Add one egg and beat well (for about a minute or so) and then add the other egg and repeat.
- 5. Add milk and the dry ingredients to this mixture, alternately. Mix well after each addition. Pour into the muffin pans, filling each halfway.
- 6. Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
- Alternate baking units:
- Double the recipe for a 1/2 sheet 1 layer cake.
- Double the recipe for a 1/4 sheet 2 layer cake.