Posted by RisqueBusiness
Yeast Raised Donuts
- 6 ounces whole eggs 2 pounds water ( varialble ) 1 ounce vanilla extract 3 pounds 8 ounces bread flour 8 ounces granulated sugar 1 ounce salt 3 ounces Dry Milk Solids 1/4 ounce Mace 4 ounces Compressed Yeast 6 ounces all purpose shortening vegetable oil for frying as needed
- Put all the liquid ingredients into your mixing bowl, then add the dry ingredients on top, except for the shortening. Mix on low untill ingredients are slightly incorporated.
- add the shortening and mix untill incorporated
- Mix on medium until fully developed
- round up
- let dough rest for 15 to 20 minutes
- make them up
- place on screens and give final proof until they are 3 fourths the max size.
- Fry in fresh oil at 360 to 370 degrees F (2 1/2 minutes total) turning frequently until golden brown and tender with your donut sticks )
- cool slightly
- garnish or glaze