Posted by ally_1Hi! This is by far the best chocolate cake I have ever had. It has been passed down from about four or five generations on my mom's side. It is easy to make and it is sssoo yummy. I hope you guys like it.
Texas Sheet Cake
- For Sheet Cake: 2 C. Flour 2 C. Sugar 1 Stick Butter 4 Tbsp. Baking Cocoa 1 C. Water 1/2 C. Shortening 1/2 C. Buttermilk 1 Tsp. Baking Soda 1 Tsp. Vanilla 2 Eggs For Frosting: 1 Stick Butter 3 Tbsp. Baking Cocoa 6 Tbsp. Milk 1 Box or 1 pd. Powder Sugar 1/2 C. Chopped Pecans 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- For Sheet Cake to be perpared first:
- Mix flour and sugar in bowl. Mix next four ingredients in sauce pan. Melt and bring to rapid boil. While hot pour over flour mixture. Beat. Add remaining ingredients. Bake in a greased and floured pan 15x10 glass pan at 400 degrees for 20 or so minutes. While baking and right before it is done start frosting.
- For Frosting to be done RIGHT before cake is doen baking:
- Mix butter, cocoa, milk in sauce pan, heat until boils. Remove, add sugar, vanilla, and pecans. Pour over hot cake.