Posted by Anonymous
Makes a rich, moist, absolutely delicious cake that has a 'crumb' similar to a pound cake, ideal for decorating and stacking/tiering. You will get so many compliments, and disbelief that you use any cake mix at all!
Super Enhanced Cake Formula
- 1 Cake Mix Box (Duncan Heines®, Betty Crocker®, Pillsbury® etc.) 1 cup All purpose flour 1 cup white granulated sugar 1 generous dash of salt 3 large eggs 1/3 cup water 1/4 Heavy Cream 1 cup Sour Cream (8 oz.) 1 cup melted butter 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla If making a white cake, use clear vanilla so cake will not discolor ** If making a chocolate cake: 3 Mounded tablespoons of cocoa powder
- For this recipe you are only going to use the actual cake mix powder, do NOT also add the ingredients from directions on the cake mix box. Just ignore any other ingredients or directions listed on the cake mix packaging.
- Preheat Oven to 330°
- 1. Mix flour, sugar, cake mix, **cocoa powder, and salt together with fork, set aside.
- 2. Into Mixer bowl put eggs, water, sour cream, butter, vanilla, and cream.
- 3. Add dry ingredients and mix well on (about 2 minutes on low speed).
- 4. Bake at 330° for 65 minutes for 9 in. cake pan.