Posted by JanHDense, rich and intensely moist chocolate cake.
Sue B's Chocolate Cake
- 3/4 cup cocoa 3/4 cup boiling water 1 cup buttermilk 1 cup canola oil 4 large eggs 1 tsp. vanilla 2 cups granulated sugar 2 cups bleached AP flour 1/2 tsp. salt 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2. Mix cocoa and boiling water.
- 3. Mix buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla toether.
- 4. Sift dry ingredients together.
- 5. Mix dry ingredients into combined wet ingredients.
- 6. Mix in the cocoa/water.
- 7. Pour into two greased & floured 9-inch round pans lined with
- 8. Bake about 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.