Posted by leahrossThis is a southern recipe passed down in my family. There have been many variations, but this is the original. So good!!
- 1 box cake mix (butter recipe) 1 stick butter (melted) 1 egg 1/2 c. pecans (chopped) 1 pkg cream cheese 1 stick butter (melted) 1 egg 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, 1 stick melted butter, 1 egg, and pecans. This will be the consistency of dough. Pat it out into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9 pan.
- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients and beat until creamy. Pour this mixture over top of the cake mixture.
- Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes. The top should be golden and still loose. You don't want to overcook this recipe. Let stand for at least 1/2 an hour. It's hard to keep everyone out of it :)