Posted by Jocasta
- 225g (8oz) Flour 50g (2oz) Lard 50g (2oz) Butter ½ tsp Salt 2 tbsp Water
- Sieve the flour and salt together into a bowl.
- Cut the fats into 1.5cm (½ inch) cubes and rub lightly into flour, lifting the mixture to add air, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture and stir in enough water using a knife, until a soft but not sticky pastry is formed.
- Cover tightly and allow to rest in a fridge for 15 - 30 minutes.
- Roll out to the required thickness.
- At this stage the pastry may be frozen if required.
- It should be baked in a preheated oven at between 190°C: 375°F: Gas 5 or 220°C: 425°F: Gas 7 depending on thickness and use.