Posted by ShirleyW
This recipe was given to me by my best friends mother many years ago, So it is really Mary's peanut butter fudge. Whatever you want to call it, it is the best peanut butter fudge I have ever eaten.
- 4 cups Granulated sugar
- 1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed canned milk
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/3 cup water
- pinch salt
- 1 cup Skippy Brand peanut butter (Creamy or Chunky),
- 10 oz. jar Marshmallow cream or fluff,
- 9 oz. Reeses peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter chips, marshmallow cream/fluff and peanut butter, microwave just long enough to soften the peanut butter chips. Set mixture aside.
- In a large saucepan combine granulated sugar, sweetened condensed milk, water, butter and salt, stir to combine and cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil (stir constantly)
- Once it comes to a boil lower heat to low and cook for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour syrup mixture over peanut butter mixture and stir until combined and smooth.
- Add Vanilla and pecans or walnuts. Stir to combine.
- Scrape into buttered 9"X13" Pyrex dish.
- Refrigerate until set, cut into squares, remove from pan and wrap well with foil wrap. Keeps well for 1 week in fridge.