Posted by JenthecakeladyThis cake is delicious. It is reminiscent of my favorite cookie-the snickerdoodle. While it is not exactly like the snickerdoodle it is very close. Delicious with cinnamon buttercream!
Revised Snickerdoodle Cake w/Cinnamon BC
- Cake: 1 box white cake mix 1 c whole milk 1/2 c (1 stick) butter, melted 3 large eggs 1 t vanilla extract 2 t ground cinnamon Cinnamon Buttercream: 1 stick butter, room temperature 3 3/4 c powdered sugar, sifted 3-4 T milk 1 t vanilla 1 t cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare 2 8" or 9" pans.
- With an electric mixer, combine cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon. Once combined, scrape down sides of bowl and increase to medium speed to for 2-3 minutes or until well combined. Divide between prepared pans.
- Bake approx. 27-30 min. Cakes will be golden brown and spring back when gently pressed.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 min. then remove from pans and cool completely.
- When cool fill and ice with cinnamon buttercream.
- To make cinnamon buttercream:
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add cinnamon, vanilla, and 3 T of milk, and slowly add powdered sugar. After all powdered sugar is added, increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy. Add additional milk as necessary to get desired consistency.
- You probably don't want to know!