Posted by WhitefawnRaspberry Filling, for any occasions
- 1/2 Cup Solid Shortning 1/2 Cup Pure Butter 1 tsp Vanilla 4 cups of confectioner Sugar 2 TBS or more if needed French Vanilla Creamer
- This is very delicious filling when used with Butter Cream Frosting
- My Recipe for Butter Cream uses French vanilla Creamer
- Can be found in the coffee section of your grocery store.
- Butter Cream Frosting
- ½ Cup (white only) Crisco shortening
- ½ cup pure butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons, French vanilla creamer or more if needed.
- Four cups of confectioner sugar sifted
- Beat at medium speed until fluffy
- For the Filling
- One pint of Raspberries
- One cup of sugar
- Make your Butter cream first, put a side
- This can get hot, so please be careful!
- In small pan, bring raspberries, and sugar to a rolling boil like making jam, stirring constantly, when a jelly like thickness falls off a wooden spoon the raspberry?s are done, while still hot, fold in two cups of butter cream frosting
- be careful, for this is very hot, and be careful of small children that may want to see what Grandmother or Mother is cooking.
- Cool for 20 minutes or longer
- When icing is cool enough, spoon in middle of cakes.
- Do the outside with butter cream frosting, than if refer use fondant
- This is great for Weddings and for Birthdays Raspberries are high in vitamin C