Posted by newlywedwsSaw this cake, and it looked yummy - a "doctored" cake mix! You could easily swap out the yogurt flavor and jam flavour and do lemon yogurt, with strawberry jam; orange creme, with orange marmalade, etc., The possibilities are endless!
Raspberry Cream Cake
- Cake: 1 box white cake mix 6 oz raspberry yogurt 3/4 cup water 1/3 cup oil 3 egg whites Frosting: 2 boxes instant vanilla/white chocolate pudding mix (use the smallest box which has 4 1/2 cup servings) 1 3/4 cup half and half 1-16 oz container frozen whipped topping Raspberry cream filling: 1/2 pint extra heavy whipping cream 3 Tbsp confectioners sugar 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together - beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into two 8" round cake pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool cake before frosting.
- Mix the pudding mix and half and half together for one minute (or until the pudding is well dissolved). Fold in the whipped topping. Reserve 1 cup of whipping topping for piping.
- Filling ingredients
- Whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add the confectioners sugar -whip for an additional minute, fold in the jam.
- Assembling the cake.
- When cake is cool pipe a line of frosting (creating a dam) around the top outside edge of one cake layer.
- Spread raspberry cream filling inside the circle.
- Top with the next cake layer, frost all sides with frosting
- Pipe around the top with reserved frosting
- Top w/ 1/2 pint of fresh raspberries.