Posted by cassi_g16This is my dad's favorite cake. My maternal grandmother made it for him every sunday. Before making frosting have cake torted and filled. Everything should be ready for frosting because the frosting should be applied immediatly. This frosting is called 7-minute frosting.
Pineapple Coconut cake
- Pineapple Supreme cake mix Filling: 15oz can crushed pinapple 3 T cornstarch 1/2 cup of sugar 1/2 cup shredded coconut Frosting: 2 cups Sugar 3 egg whites 3 T cold water 3 T ligh corn syrup 1 tsp Vanilla
- Prepare cake mix as directed pour into 2-8" rounds and bake according to directions. Cool.
- For Filling:
- Mix all ingredients in sauce pan and cook on med. until thick and bubbling. Boil one minute. Remove from heat. Beat 3 egg yolks in small bowl and temper into the rest. Return to heat and return to boil. Cook for one minute.
- For Frosting:
- In double broiler, combine sugar, egg whites, corn syrup, water, and vanilla. Place over Boiling water, and beat with an electric mixer on high for 7 minutes or until frosting forms peaks when beaters are raised. Remove from heat. Use immediatly to frost cooled cake.
- It tastes too good to be unhealthy!