Posted by sayhellojanaI love peanut butter cookies. I love chocolate cookies. So these were a natural combination! I make them all the time for study groups, they mail well too. They look really pretty all swirled together, no need to decorate.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies - Super Chewy!
- For the Peanut Butter Dough ½ cup butter ½ cup peanut butter ½ cup sugar ½ brown sugar ½ t. baking soda ½ t. baking powder ½ t vanilla Egg 1 ¼ flour For the Chocolate Dough ½ cup butter 4 oz bittersweet chocolate 2 T cocoa powder 1/8 cup (ish) milk chocolate chips ¾ cup sugar ½ t vanilla Egg 1 ½ cup flour
- Make the peanut butter dough first by creaming peanut butter and butter together. Add sugars, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well, scrape sides of bowl. Add vanilla and egg. Add flour in three additions. Dough will not be thick, will look sticky. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Use a clean bowl and mixer.
- Melt the 4 oz. of dark chocolate and 1/8 cup milk chips in the microwave. Add to butter and cream with cocoa powder. Add sugar, vanilla and egg. Mix well. Add flour in three additions. Mixture should be the same consistency as peanut butter dough.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour. You do not need much at all, I suggest less than 1 teaspoon, these are oily and will not stick if done correctly. There are two ways to swirl dough into balls to bake. One is to take a small amount of peanut butter and the same amount of chocolate and combine in the palm of your hands, passing your palms over one another to swirl the doughs together. This method will give you thick streaks of color. My favorite method is to take a handful of peanut butter and slap it on your work surface. Use the same amount of chocolate dough and slap on top of peanut butter. Repeat, you should have 3 layers of each flavor. Now, fold this tower in half. Leave it as a pile and pinch off small amounts and roll into cookies.
- These cookies spread out quite a bit. Make sure balls are round when you place them in the oven. Use parchment paper for best results.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 mins. Watch them carefully. They will puff slightly, this is when they are done. They will feel soft, this is ok. Wait 2 mins and transfer to a wire rack to cool.