Posted by CocoaBlondieThis is a recipe I came up with for my family because they love peach! It's very moist & refreshing, I use a cream cheese whipped Frosting to frost & fill, They go great together. Hope you enjoys this as much as my family did!
Peachy Keen Cake
- 1-Box white cake mix 1-Cup flour 1-Box peach jello (3oz) 2-Tsp. baking powder dash salt ------------------------------ 4-Eggs 1-Cup water 1/2-Cup Ex.Light OO 1-6oz container fat free peach yogurt 2-Tsp vanilla 1-Cup fresh peeled peaches (finely diced) about 2 peaches 1/2-Cup fresh peeled peaches (sliced thin & even)
- -Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl I use a whisk to break up clumps & sift through evenly.
- -In a small bowl beat well 4 eggs, add water. oil, yogurt, & vanilla mix till uniform.
- -Add wet ingredients into dry stirring just till uniform, then add diced cup of peaches. mix till incorporated throughout batter(will be thick).
- -Spray side of 2-8inch round pans w/ bakers joy & line bottoms w/ wax or parchment paper(I also use bake even stripes).
- -Divide batter into pans & bake @ 340deg. for 35-40min(or until toothpick comes out clean).
- -Cake should be higher then pan, use a leveler to torte off height while cake is still in pan.
- -Remove cake & let cool, use small about of frosting to top of bottom layer to coat, then add 1/2 cup sliced peaches, followed by another small layer of frosting to cover before adding top layer.
- -Frost the outside of cake & keep refrigerated until served. ENJOY!
- Come on now it's cake for goodness sake!