Posted by ConnieSueEasy no bake truffle
Oreo Mint Balls
- 17 ounce mint oreos 8 ounce pkg cream cheese 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate 1 tablespoon shortening
- Mix crushed Oreos and cream cheese with an electric mixer on high until thoroughly blended (approximately 2 minutes). Roll into 1-inch balls, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Using a double-boiler, melt the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening over low heat. Carefully dip balls into chocolate using a toothpick and spoon. Place on a sheet of wax paper and refrigerate for an hour, or until chocolate is completely hardened. Makes 36 balls.
- Optional: Melt 1 cup white chocolate with 1/2 tablespoon shortening using same method. Spoon chocolate into a sandwich bag, pushing to the bottom corner. Snip corner of bag and drizzle over the hardened chocolate balls.
- PER COOKIE: Calories 164 (54% fat) Fat 10 g (5 g sat) Cholesterol 9 mg Sodium 5 mg Fiber 1 g Carbohydrates 18 g Protein 2 g