Posted by azucaTry with Orange Icing...
- â?¢ 1 3/4 cup cake flour (see tip) â?¢ 1 cup sugar â?¢ 1/2 teaspoons salt â?¢ 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder â?¢ 2 large eggs, separated and whites beaten until stiff â?¢ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract â?¢ 1/2 cup orange juice â?¢ 1 stick of butter, softened
- Combine butter, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Cream these ingredients together thoroughly.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder together in a separate mixing bowl. Add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients 1/3 at a time alternating with adding portions of the orange juice to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in beaten egg whites. Spoon batter into cupcake liners until 1/2 full.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.