Posted by MacsMom
I couldn't find DH's orange cake mix anywhere so I created this one using orange sherbet - it's amazingly moist and tasty!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 c melted orange sherbet
- 1 small pkg vanilla instant pudding
- 2 containers (6 oz) Yoplait orange creamsicle yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 2 t orange extract
- 2 pkgs instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 c water
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk (I used fat-free)
- orange food coloring
- 1 t orange extract
- 2 c Cool Whip
Combine all ingredients; beat 2 minutes.
Pour into prepared cake pan(s).
Bake according to pan size directions on cake mix.
Combine pudding, water, milk and extract. Add food color to desired shade.
Fold in Cool Whip.
Refrigerate 30 mins.
Spread between layers of cooled cake (thick).
Keep refrigerated, but this does hold up well at room temperature.