Posted by alfieThis mousse can be used as a filling for tarts as well as inside of a chocolate bag. It is very light and refreshing.
Orange Chocolate Mousse
- Heavy cream, soft whipped 16 oz. Sugar, granulated 6 oz. Water 2 oz. Egg whites 4 oz. Cointreau or Grand Marnier 1 oz. Orange oil 1/2 tsp. Semi-sweet chocolate 9 oz.
- 1. Whip heavy cream to soft peaks and set aside in a refrigerator.
- 2. Prepare an Italian Meringue using the sugar, water and egg whites. Once the meringue is cooled add the liqueor and orange oil.
- 3. Melt the chocolate to 130F (54C).
- 4. Add 1/2 of the soft whipped cream to the melted chocolate and whisk to a ganache.
- 5. In one step add all of the Italian meringue and fold together delicately with a balloon whisk. DO NOT OVERIX.
- 6. Use immediately.