Posted by TonaThis cake is moist and wonderful It goes great with the praline buttercream icing. We love this cake.
Ooey-gooey chocolate praline cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour 2 cups sugar 3/4 cups cocoa powder 1 1/2 tsp baking powder 1 1/2 tsp baking soda 3/4 tsp salt 1 cup milk 3/4 cup vegetable oil 2 large eggs 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 3 8 inch round cake pans
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baing powder, baking soda, and salt. add mil, oil, and eggs, beating at medium speed with an electric mixer until combined. Add boiling water, beating until smooth. pour batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly among pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pnas for 10 minutes. remove cake from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Praline Buttercream between layer and on top and sides of cake Drizzle with caramel topping is desired.