Posted by Misa-chanWhenever I make this recipe at home, an hour after making those cookies my mom and my sisters raid them and there's no more for me!
Oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies
- 1/3 cup Crisco or vegetable shortening 1/3 cup tightly packed brown sugar 1/3 cup granulated sugar 1 egg 1/4 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 cup flour a pinch of salt 1/4 tsp baking soda 1 cup oats (i use the quaker kind) 1/4 cup of chocolate chips ( I usually put more)
- 1- Preheat over to 350F
- 2- Cream the fat with the granulated and brown sugar,cream until fluffy.
- 3- Add the egg and extract to the mixture and mix until everything is incorporated.
- 4- Sift the flour and baking soda in, mix well.
- 5- Add the oats and chocolate chips, mix well again.
- 6- Place small balls of cookie dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper,baking them for 10 minutes or until the under side is golden. I stopped counting after the sugar and shortening