Posted by franjmcA few people have asked me for my modelling paste recipe, I thought it would be best to post it so everyone can try it.
- 500 grams rolled fondant 2 teaspoons of Cellogen (or 1 teaspoon CMC or gum trag) 1/3 teaspoon raw egg white 2 teaspoons Cream of Tartar a little vegatable fat like crisco or copha
- Rub a little fat over your work surface.
- Knead up your fondant until it's nice and soft
- Sprinkle the Cellogen or alternative onto the work surface and knead it into the fondant.
- Make a small well into the mix and add the egg white, mix well, it may be a little sticky, this is fine, add more fat to the work suface if you need it.
- Sprinkle the Cream of Tartar over the work surface and knead it into the mix.
- Once the paste had been kneaded and all the ingredients are incorporated, wrap it tightly in cling wrap, a few times and put it into an airtight container.
- It's best left over night before using it.
- Wrapped in cling wrap and in an airtight container it will last for months at room temperature.