Posted by Anonymous
Found this recipe in a magazine awhile back. Very YUMMY!! Great to ice a cake with and do some simple decorations...such as borders, writing, scroll work; but it does not crust.
Marshmallow Creme Buttercream
- 1lb (4sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- marshmallow cream (2 jars - 7 oz each or 1 large tub - 16 oz)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla (I had to reduce to 1 tsp b/c the vanilla flavor was overpowering) you could also sub another flavoring for the other tsp.
- Beat butter in a large bowl w/mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Beat in marshmallow cream.
- When well blended, beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
- Increase speed to high and beat 3 to 4 min until fluffy.