Posted by LoriannaN
This is a delicious yellow cake with chocolate swirls. Cook time just depends on your oven, but 25 would be about average. Great for groups of folks because some like chocolate, some like yellow, and some like both!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 tbls baking powder (if all-purpose flour)
- 1.5 tbls cocoa
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbls vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time, blending fully between each.
- Alternate adding flour and vanilla mixture. End with flour.
- Beat on high for about 30 seconds until it's a little bit fluffy.
- Pour about 2/3 cup of the batter into a small mixing bowl, and pour the rest into 9x13 pan or 2 8in round pans.
- Add cocoa to the batter in the bowl. Mix good.
- Streak into the main batter using a knife, spoon, or even a decorating bag. Don't mix, just slice through with a knife. Bake for about 25 mins.