Posted by jlmaisonHere is the recipie for a cake that I did and posted it on this site. Everyone asked me for the recipie so I thought I would post it. The cake recipie if from the cake doctor and I modified it to use mangos. The filling is a recipie that I got from cakecentral (fresh Strawberry filling) and I modified that. I use a creamcheese buttercream icing! Hope you enjoy it! Jen
Mango Cake with filling
- Hi here is the recipie: MANGO CAKE 3 mangos 11/2 cups (I used 3 mangos for the recipie, as I used 11/2 for the filling) 1 plain yellow cake mix 1 stick of butter (8 tablespoons), melted 4 large eggs 1 teaspoon pur vanilla exrtract (I used white) FILLING 11/2 mango 1/2 cup sugar 1 T fresh lemon juice 1 T Rum 2 T cornstarch ICING 1/4 cup cream cheese softened (room temp) 1/2 cup butter softened (room temp) 11/2 cup icing sugar sifted 1/2 tbsp of clear vanilla 1tbsp of water or more if needed pinch of salt
- To Make the Cake:
- For a 2, 9 inch pans
- 1. Blend the mangos in a food processor or blender until smooth
- 2. Place the cake mix, mango puree, melted butter, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and blend with and electric mixer for 1 minute
- 3. Scrape dpwn the sides of the bowl and increase spped and continue to blend for another 2 to 3 minutes
- 4. Divide the batter between pans
- 5. Bake the cakes until golden brown about 30 to 35 minutes depending on your oven
- For the filling I used the fresh strawberry filling recipie from this site and changed a few things it is:
- Blend mangos into a puree.
- Place a quarter of the mango in a saucepan with the sugar and bring to boil. In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, rum and cornstarch and stir together till smooth.
- Take the saucepan of mango off the heat and stir the cornstarch mixture into it.
- Return to heat and bring back to a boil, stirring and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cool and then stir in the remaining mango.
- Contributed by: txdiann on Saturday, June 24. 2006 at 07:37:56
- Modified by Jen Lysay on December 28, 2006
- Combine butter, creamcheese, vanilla and salt together, slowly add icing sugar. If the icing is a stiff consistency the add water to soften to spread on cake
- If put in the fridge this icing is good to decorate with.