Posted by Anonymous
A delicious way to use my favorite fruit. If you don't have buttermilk, you may substitute sour milk. Stir 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice together with 1 cup of milk and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Mix together flour and baking soda; blend into creamed mixture.
- Fold in buttermilk, vanilla, mango puree, and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done.