Posted by AnonymousFlavor can be enhanced with raisins, nuts or fruit garnishes.T he icing is very hard to use for decorations, however it is "Low calorie!"
Low Calorie Fluffy Frosting
- 1/2 cup Sugar 1/4 teas Cream of tartar 2 tb Water 2 pks Sweet-n-low 1/2 teas Vanilla 2 Large egg whites
- 1. Combine sugar, water, Sweet-n-low egg whites and cream of tartar in top of a double boiler and beat at high speed for 1 minute. Set over simmering water in the bottom of the double boiler.
- 2.Continue to beat at high speed for 4-5 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- 3.Remove from heat.
- 4.Add vanilla to frosting and continue to beat at high speed 1-2 minutes or until thick enough to spread on a cooled cake.
- This is enough frosting for a 2-layer or 9" square cake.