Posted by lom784Describing thhis lemony recipes , the key word is light . The cucpakes start with an angel food cake mix to which to add the concentrate and water - that's it.
Lemonade Angel Cakes
- 24 paper liners for cupcake pans (2 1/2) inch size 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix 3/4 cup water 1/2 cup thawed frozen lemonade concentrate 16 lemon drops crushed ( candy)
- 1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 F . Line 24 paper liners. Set the pans aside.
- 2.Place the cake mix , water , and lemonade concentrate in a large mixing bowl. Blend with the electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to meduim and beat 2 minutes more , scraping down the sides again if needed. The batter should look thick and well combined. Spoon or scoop 1/3 cup into each lined cupcake cup , filling it three quarters of the way full. ( You will get between 22 and 24 cupcakes ; remove the empty liners , if any ) . Place the pans in the oven.
- 3.Bake the cupcakes until they are golden and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger , 20 to 22 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and place them on wire racks to cool for 5 minutes.
- * Store the cupcakes , in a cake saver or under a glass dome , at room temperature for up to 3 days or in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Or freeze them , wrapped in aluminum foil or in a cake saver , for up to 6 months .