Posted by Confectionary1This cake is very time consuming, but the taste is great! The layers are extremely thin. I cannot take credit for this recipe, but I have had it a while and don't remember where I got it from :(
Layered Honey Cake
- Honey Cream Cake 2 eggs 1/2 cup sugar 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup liquid honey 1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter 2 1/2-3/4 cups flour (from which 1 1/2 cup-all -purpose flour, the rest -cake flour) For honey cream: 4 egg yolks 1 package gelatin (2 1/4 teaspoons) pinch of salt 1/2 cup honey 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 1 cup milk 1 small can (100g) of condensed milk with sugar 1 1/2 cup sour cream 1 cup heavy cream
- For honey cake layers beat eggs with sugar until fluffy and double in size.
- Melt butter in a pan on low heat, add honey, beaten eggs with sugar, and baking
- soda. Stir until sugar completely dissolves, the mixture will bubble. Remove
- form heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Then add flour in few additions, 1/2 cup
- at a time. This dough is very soft and pliable, doesn't stick to your fingers.
- Let the dough rest under kitchen towel for 30 minutes .Preheat oven to
- 350F/180C.Divide dough in 10 equal parts. Place one piece of dough on parchment,
- keeping the rest of the dough covered. Close it with plastic wrap and roll it thinly, remove plastic wrap and cut out a
- circle (mine was 18 cm) using a plate. Prick it with fork few times and transfer
- to hot oven to bake for 3-5 minutes until golden color, while shaping the next
- layer. Let layer cool completely.
- For honey cream bring milk to a boil. Beat egg yolks with honey, pinch of salt,
- add gelatin. while you are still beating, pour hot milk in a thin stream into
- egg-honey mixture. Then pour mixture back into the pan and return to low heat.
- Stir with wooden spoon constantly until mixture thickens, but DO NOT BOIL! The
- cream will have consistency of a thick sauce. Remove form heat and let cool
- completely, it will thicken more. Beat sour cream and condensed milk. Beat heavy
- cream until soft peaks form. Mix cooled honey mixture with sour cream mixture
- and the heavy cream.
- Assemble the cake alternating the layers and cream (ending with cream). Wrap with bubble wrap (this gives the honeycomb look) and secure with packaging tape. Let stand overnight in the refrigerator.
- You can use whatever you want to make the little bees (I used left over cookie dough dipped in chocolate) and almond slivers for wings. High in calories, but taste good! :)